- STANDARD BANK GROUP LIMITED - Completion of the disposal by Standard Bank Group of its Brazilian banking subsidiary
- GIJIMA GROUP LIMITED - UPDATE TO IMPLEMENTATION OF SCHEME OF ARRANGEMENT AND COMPLETION OF DELISTING
- EXXARO RESOURCES LIMITED - Dealings by an associate of the Finance Director of Exxaro
- ELLIES HOLDINGS LIMITED - Dealings in securities by a director
- POYNTING HOLDINGS LIMITED - Notification in Terms of Section 122(3) of the Companies Act and Paragraph 3.83(b) of the Listings Requirements
- NEDBANK LIMITED - Dividend Announcement - SBKNIP
- DATACENTRIX HOLDINGS LIMITED - Acquisition of Infrasol Proprietary Limited
- PINNACLE HOLDINGS LTD - Disposal of Infrasol Proprietary Limiyted
- VILLAGE MAIN REEF LIMITED - Dealings in Securities by Directors
- CAPITEC BANK HOLDINGS LIMITED - Dealing In Securities By An Associate Of A Director
- NICTUS BEPERK - Legal action taken by Corporate Guarantee (South Africa) Limited
- METAIR INVESTMENTS LIMITED - AMENDMENT TO NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- VALUE GROUP LIMITED - Correction of pro forma tangible net asset value effect
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE ISSUANCE B.V. - Redemption on Certificates relating to Cadiz Dynamic New World ER Index Fund due April 2015 - ZA010
- CAPITAL & COUNTIES PROPERTIES PLC - Notification of Trading Update
The Third Umpire
Former Liberty CEO Bruce Hemphill, this week’s surprise appointment as successor to Old Mutual CEO Julian Roberts. It appears his bancassurance experience tipped the scales his way as the group focuses on synergies.
Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene, who has missed his own deadline for the appointment of a new SAA board. An indication that it is becoming difficult to persuade suitable candidates to apply, or just a lack of urgency?
National police commissioner Riah Phiyega, who has been censured by Parliament’s police committee for allowing the post of SAPS chief financial officer to remain vacant for longer than a year. It’s not important, apparently.