CELL C has entered the insurance market with the launch of an insurance product called C Surance, it said last week.
Cell C says its more than 10-million customers will be covered against theft, accidental loss, physical damage to devices and unlawful usage of the SIM, after the phone has been reported lost or stolen.
Cell C says C Surance will offer customers cover of up to R12,500 at "cost-effective premiums" and will be available to both new and existing contract and top-up customers.
C Surance will also cover any outstanding amounts on a customer’s account in the event of death, disability or retrenchment. It will offer an extended warranty of up to 24 months on devices that have manufacturer warranty of less than 24 months and SIM card cover.
The new insurance product will be underwritten by Etana Insurance Company.
More in this section
- Guptagate report shows manipulation, collusion and illegal blue lights
- SABC presenter Mbuli hailed as patriot and ‘zealous newshound’
- Eskom was ‘on the brink of a power shutdown’
- Karabus lawyer says South African nurse behind bars in UAE
- Iran ‘behind US cyber blitz’
- THICK END OF THE WEDGE: We can already write the NDP off